FREE UK Residential Sublease Agreement
This free Residential Sublease Agreement for the United Kingdom can be used when a tenant wants to sublease a residential property to a sub tenant. It contains important terms for such documents.
Disclaimer:This was not drafted by a attorney & should not be used as a legal document.
RESIDENTIAL SUB-LEASE AGREEMENT
This Sub-Lease Agreement (“Agreement”) is made on [Date], by and between:
[_______], residing at [Address] herein referred to as Landlord
[_______], residing at [Address] herein referred to as Sub-Tenant.
Whereas, by a Lease Deed on [Date] made between [Name], residing at [Address of the Lessor] the Lessor and [Name of the Lessee], residing at [Address of the Lessee] the Lessee, a residential building situated at [Address of the Premises] (the Premises”) was leased to the Lessee on the terms and conditions of the said Lease Deed [Master Lease Deed] dated [Date]. The said Lease Deed provides for a sub-lease clause by the clause [Clause] in the Lease deed.
And whereas now the said Lessor and the Lessee are desirous of subletting the entire Premises and whereas the Sub-tenants are desirous of occupying the said entire Premises now currently rented by the Lessee and the parties hereto agree as follows:
1. The Sub-Lease shall commence on [Date of starting of the Sub-Lease] and shall be complete and ended on [Date of ending of the Sub-Lease]. The Sub-tenants shall pay to the Tenants the sum of £ [Amount] per month for the rent for the period commencing [Date/Term].
3. The Sub-tenants shall abide by all terms and conditions in the Lease Deed dated [Date of Master Lease Deed] as if they were signatories thereto. The Lessee shall provide a copy of the Master Lease Deed dated [Date] to the Sub-Tenant.
5. This sub-lease is for a residential purpose only for such business activities, which are agreed, by the Lessor and the Lessee in the said Master Lease Deed. The Sub-Tenant will not use or permit the premises to be used for any illegal or improper purposes, nor permit the disturbance, noise or annoyance whatsoever, detrimental to the premises or to the comfort of the other habitants of said building or its neighbors; and will not sublet or assign this lease nor any part thereof without the written consent of the Lessor.
7. This Lease shall be construed and enforced in accordance with, and the rights of the parties shall be governed by, the laws of United Kingdom. It is agreed between both the parties that they waive the trial by jury and agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction and venue of a court of United Kingdom.
9. Termination: This Lease Agreement shall automatically come to an end on the expiry of the Master Lease Deed or at the end of its term, whichever happens earlier. This Lease Agreement may also be terminated by either of the Party by providing one-month notice to each other.
10. This Sub-Lease shall be governed as per the laws of United Kingdom where the said premise is situated.
11. It is agreed and understood that the Sub-Tenant will not assign, sublet, charge, part with possession of, or share the occupation of, the whole or any part of the Premises, except that if the such Sub-Tenant is a limited company it may share occupation with another company in its group (as defined in Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 section 42(l)).
12. This Tenancy Agreement shall be assured tenancy agreement as defined under section 20 of the Housing Act, 1988 (as amended). The Landlord may recover the possession of the property by invoking the provisions as provided under the Housing Act, 1988. This Tenancy Agreement is for residential purpose only.
All the notices shall be served to the Landlord and the Tenant as per the section 48 of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987.
DESCRIPTION OF THE PROPERTY
[Description of the Property, furniture and fixtures]